Since graduating from Curtin University, Ben has worked in busy private practices from Safety Bay to Claremont where he has built up a wealth of clinical experience. He has undertaken additional study in dry needling for the release of both muscular trigger points and ligamentous/capsular structures. He has also trained in osteopathic manipulation techniques to restore mobility to the spine, ribs, pelvis and peripheral joints (elbow, knee, ankle, wrist and foot).
Ben completed his clinical pilates training with DMA (Dance Medicine Australia) at the highest level and is a certified pilates practitioner. He uses this cutting edge approach to aid in assessment and exercise selection for patients ranging from elite athletes looking to boost performance to the elderly and those suffering from chronic pain.
Ben is an active member of the Musculoskeletal Physio, Sports Physio and Dry Needling special interest groups of the Australian Physiotherapy Association.
His areas of special clinical interest include:
- Joint Hypermobility Syndromes
- TMJ (Jaw Joint) dysfunction including clicking, locking and facial pain.
- Use of nutritional medicine to aid in soft tissue healing and reduce inflammation
- Schroth method of exercise for scoliosis
- Fibromyaliga & Chronic pain
- Sacro-iliac joint dysfunction
- Vertigo (BPPV)