Tom joined the Activate team in 2020 after completing his Masters degree in Physiotherapy (Sports Major) at Curtin uni. He is highly experienced in treating a wide variety of conditions from sports injuries to acute / chronic pain issues. Tom delivers a mixture of hands-on manual therapy, dry needling and exercise prescription with the goal of not only alleviating symptoms, but also to address the issue at its core and prevent it from recurring.
Tom’s history and experience as a basketball coach, strength & conditioning trainer and semi-professional basketball player allows him to provide the best care for both young and adult athletes that are looking to rehab from an injury and return to sport in the safest way possible.
Tom keeps himself informed with the most up to date scientific evidence in order to be able to deliver physiotherapy care of the highest value to his clients. With a special interest in motor learning and movement strategies, Tom is happy to help people discover what their body is able to do and to enable pain free, high-quality movement and function without limitations.
His areas of special interest include :
● ACL and other knee injuries – surgical / non-surgical rehabilitation
● Ankle injuries – conservative and post op management
● Acute / Chronic lower back pain
● Shoulder pain rehab
● Manual (hands on) therapy
● Dry needling
● Sports specific return to play programs for athletes of all ages
● Strength & conditioning and athletic training
● Junior athletes rehab and load management