Tom joined the Activate team in 2020 after completing the Masters in Physiotherapy (Sports Major) at Curtin uni. Tom previously worked as a physiotherapist in Israel and is highly experienced in treating a wide variety of conditions from sports injuries to chronic pain issues.
As the Physiotherapist and head Strength & Conditioning trainer for a major basketball club in Israel, Tom included both on and off the court rehabilitation and training. Having played semi-professional basketball in Israel, Tom has a keen interest in team sports injuries (including knee, ankle, shoulder, lower back, and more).
Tom keeps himself informed with the most up to date scientific evidence in order to be able to deliver physiotherapy care of the highest value to his clients.
With a special interest in motor learning and movement strategies, Tom is happy to help people discover what their body is able to do and to enable pain free, high-quality movement and function without limitations.
His areas of special interest include :
- ACL and other knee injuries – surgical / non-surgical rehabilitation
- Ankle injuries – conservative and post op management
- Shoulder pain rehab
- Tendon related pain
- Manual (hands on) therapy
- Dry needling
- Sports specific return to play programs after injury and surgery for athletes of all ages
- Strength & conditioning and athletic training
- Motor Learning and Motor Control